Monday, May 13, 2013

5/12/13

Hola! Today is Sunday and another free day. I woke up at noon, happy that for the second day in a row I got a full night sleep. I had a rather unproductive morning after that because the housekeeper kicked everyone out of their respective rooms so she could clean them all. So, that was two hours of FaceBooking and Redditing. I then showered and a few of us went to the mall. I couldn’t get over how unexpectedly big the mall was. It was four stories, and in some places, even got up to five. It even had some of the same stores as the United States, with the food court being almost identical. I got McDonalds to see how it compared to the McDonalds back home. I found that it was pretty much the same except the French Fries seemed salter. We also went to Yogurt Life, a frozen yogurt that is similar to Razzy Fresh. There was also pretty similar toppings and flavorings compared to the United States. There was some weird ones that I tried, however. After the mall we did a short amount of shopping at some local stands. They all had similar stuff to the stands on the beach, however, so we just looked around. After we got back to the hotel, we all dressed up and went to Tierra de Fuego. It was pretty fancy and the University paid for us, so I was all for that. We started with an appetizer of shellfish, one of my favorite foods. For my entrĂ©e, I got fillet with fried goat cheese and that was VERY good. We then all also got the house desserts, which was also very good. I finished that meal more full than I have been in a long time. Tomorrow we go back to a normal sleep schedule and do our company presentations at the university. So, until tomorrow…







No comments:

Post a Comment