Saturday, May 18, 2013

5/17/13


Yesterday was a bittersweet day in Chile; today is an all-bitter day. Lots of sadness to go around. It is officially the last day here in Chile. We did get to sleep in, so I guess that was one of the positives of the day. I got up at about eleven, showered and packed for a awhile, and then a few of us went out to lunch. Nothing special, just to the food court at the mall. I got chicken, some sides, an avocado, and of course “agua con gas.” I get avocados almost every time I see them anywhere, which is a little bit of a problem because they are kind of expensive. Anyway we got back kind of late and had to frantically pack in order to catch the bus. Which ended up not being a big deal anyway because the bus had trouble finding a spot to park in those tiny little streets by Hotel America. After many heartfelt goodbyes exchanged with the Chilean students, we got on the bus for one last time and headed to the Santiago airport. At the airport, the lines were crazy long and we waited for hours to check in, go through security (which is much less strict than US security) and head to our gate. We then split up and went to dinner. I went to a restaurant in the airport were I got a loin and guacamole sandwich with my last pisco sour (and last legal alcoholic beverage for two more years). The meal was very overpriced, but what can one expect from an airport. At about 9 PM we all boarded the flight from Santiago to Dallas. It was a sad moment, both for the small reason of suffering through a ten-hour flight and for the larger reason of leaving Chile. Overall, however, this trip was one of the greatest two-week spans of my life yet. We packed a lot into those weeks and everything was amazing. I know everyone probably was this, but I am so thankful that I picked Chile for my Plus3 destination. I saw amazing sights, learned all kids of things, and met some awesome people. So, if you are reading my blog, thank you for keeping up with what is happening with the life of Jeffrey Carr. I hope words helped you enjoy Chile as much as I did. For one last time, until next time…


No comments:

Post a Comment