Saturday, May 18, 2013

5/15/13


Buenos Días! Today is Wednesday, marking the second-to-last day here in Chile. Very sad, this was one of the two-week periods I have yet to experience.  Anyway, our plans for the day were to go a spa/country club about an hour away. I had gotten a lot of sleep last night (compared to the other nights of two to three hours, nine hours was amazing). I got up pretty early, got a nice hot shower, eaten a non-rushed breakfast, and boarded the bus at about 10. Even with all that sleep, however, what else was there to do on an hour-long bus ride but take a nice nap. We got there and were greeted with empanadas and beer. How nice of them. The empanadas weren’t my favorite kind with beef, onions, egg, and an olive, but it wasn’t too bad. The spa had a restaurant area, two pools, and a tennis court (there might have more, but that was far as I explored). I laid/napped by the pool for a few hours and the weather was very nice so I was even able to change into shorts and a tee shirt. My face got a nice bit of sun by the end of the day. After that, we all went inside to the restaurant area for lunch. There were a lot of courses! First we had steak and an egg on a bed of fries. That wasn’t my favorite, however, because the egg was undercooked and the fries were not very hot. The steak was good, though. I ordered a pisco sour with my meal, a classic Chilean drink. Next course was a plate of vegetables and I ate more than my share of avocadoes. Dessert was some sort of pudding with raspberry glaze that was delicious. After eating, I laid out in the sun again. Some other people played soccer on the tennis courts. After another few hours of that, we walked to one of the Chilean professor’s country house for a barbeque. It was another delicious meal and there was even a professional chef hired. We had a few beers and hung out with the Chilean students that were there. Lots of fun! We left sometime after nine, if I remember correctly, and took the hour-long bus ride back to Hotel America. Overall, it was a very relaxing day. Until tomorrow….



No comments:

Post a Comment