Sunday, May 5, 2013

5/4/13

This is my first blog post of the Chile Plus3 trip! How exciting. Today, overall, however, was very uneventful and boring and seemed like it lasted much longer than 24 hours. At 9:30 our group of 20, much to the driver's and the rest of the passengers' dismay, all got on the 28X headed to the Pittsburgh International Airport. After a little over an hour of waiting and napping, we all got off the bus headed to check in. After what seemed like forever, everyone was checked in (it takes a long time to do anything with 20+ people). Going through security took awhile as well, as to be expected. It was one of the only time I've ever checked a bag so it was strange only having to worry about my backpack. Still, even with all of this waiting, we were almost 2 hours early for our flight to Dallas, TX, which boarded at around 1:30. A  few of us played cards in the terminal to pass the time. The flight to Dallas was not too bad at all, only about 3 hours. I fell asleep the entire time. Arriving at Dallas, our group had a while to kill: 5 and a half hours. I ate dinner and spent some time on the Inter-webs. After one of the least productive periods of my life, we finally bored the 767 plane on its way to Santiago, Chile (the capital of Chile). The plane ride was uneventful and I "slept" for most of it. With such comfortable accommodations by American Airlines, how could I help but drift off to a peaceful rest after an excellent meal of microwaved pasta and still-frozen bread? Below a picture after I awoke of the Andes Mountains that I took from the plane that I thought looked awesome. Anyway, I'll stop now because i guess technically that is the end of the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment